- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Thank you to all who have contributed towards this project. If anyone else would like to contribute, please go to http://www.krishnalounge.com/earthbag/.
Last Tuesday we went to the site, to inspect it an possibly clear it a bit. Folks felt inspired and what started as a mere prep work turned into a five hours of a serious undertaking. We ended up leveling the grounds and digging up the parameter trench. See images at http://www.krishnalounge.com/2017/03/earthbag-dome-construction-day-1/.
As of now, it seems that we are going to be working on this project on Mondays and Tuesdays, 11am – 6-7pm. To our donors, please feel free to come out and learn this technique in practice. The address is 1365 Rincon Ave., Escondido, CA 92026. Please dress suitable for the occasion. 🙂 Work boots and a hat to protect you from the sun are recommended. If you would like to be a donor, please visit http://www.krishnalounge.com/earthbag/.
If you have donated towards the project but can not make it on Mondays or Tuesdays, we could meet you on the farm on another day and show and explain to you things we have done and how we’ve done them. Feel free to contact me directly by email (16rounds at gmail dot com) or by phone (858-366-5704).
On Tuesday, March 28th, the day one of our construction of the earthbag dome, we cleared the site, marked the ground where the dome is going to be constructed, leveled the ground, and dug the perimeter trench. On Monday, April 3rd, we are going to lay the foundation and make door threshold etc. See more